Norton provides complete security to your device, safeguarding it from external threats. The product has been designed in such a way that it looks out for any kind of suspicious activity going on in the system and removes the source of the disturbance. Being a software or application, the security product can sometimes be thrashed over by technical bugs and issues, making it difficult for it to work properly. The bugs are generally associated with error codes, and one such error code is Norton Security 8504. The reasons behind this error getting protruded is quite generic. One can easily fix this error provided they follow the appropriate procedure. This blog shares with you the same. You can read it till the end, and if you wish you can consult Norton customer service number for the same. The error gets displayed on your computer screen, and one of the causes given below can be a reason for that.
- When you are trying to install Norton anti-virus in the device, but any other anti-virus application has been previously installed.
- The installation process was not completed.
- The process of updating the product could not be completed.
If any of the above conditions are fulfilled, then the probability of Norton 8504 error can increase. There are different types of 8504 error, and the list is given below:
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton error 8504 and 100
- Norton error 8504 102
- Norton error 8504 106
- Norton error 8504 101
You need to follow these steps to get rid of the error from the core.
- Remove any installed anti-virus application installed in the system.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the run dialog box, and press enter.
- You can now see all the programs installed on the computer. Choose the applications that you need to delete and press enter.
- Once completed, restart the system.
- Go to My computer, then click on Manage and navigate to Device Manager. You can also click Windows and R key together and type devmgmt.msc to go to the Display Adaptor option.
- Click on Display adaptor and select HD graphic card with right click. Update the driver software. Once done, restart the device.
- Download the tool from the official website.
- Run the software, once it is downloaded.
- Select the option ‘remove only’ and then restart the system.
If the above methods do not work, then you can download Norton Autofix Tool in the system to resolve the error. You can also get in touch with adepts at Norton contact number and get their guidance on this matter.